HGV Class 2 Driver
Location: Crawley to Gatwick Airport
Salary: £12.00 per hour
Hours: 2 Early shifts, 5.30am to 2.00pm
2 Late shifts 2.15pm to 10.45pm
Followed by 2 rest days
Premier Work Support are pleased to announce a fantastic opportunity working in partnership with Newrest - a global leader in multi-sector catering.
We are now recruiting for Class 2 Drivers on a temporary basis but will leave to permanent employment for the right candidate.
The position is based in Manor Royal and you will be responsible for delivering the meals and catering products to commercial airlines at Gatwick Airport.
We are looking for dynamic candidates that are able to provide excellent standards of service at all times to maximise client enjoyment of products and to ensure the site and its assets are safe and secure at all times.
In order to comply with strict aviation security regulations, due to the nature of this role we will be undertaking a full five-year reference history and apply for a Basic DBS, Criminal record check before starting this position. Any applicants with non - UK based references will require the appropriate DBS check and translation of documents and any gaps in employment must be accounted for.
* Check your vehicle prior to use at start of shift.
* Load and unload catering on and off the truck and aircraft in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with airport safety rules, airline requirements and Company Safety procedures.
* Load aircraft as per the galley plans and adhering to company policies.
* Ensure vehicle is security checked and sealed by authorised person before departing to the airport with specified documentation.
* Drive to the aircraft adhering to DVLA, local and airport rules and or law.
* Drive on to aircraft as per your training, ensuring you do not deviate from it at any point.
* Hand over to crew ensuring security paperwork is handed over to crew and the delivery note is signed.
* Return catering to the unit and ensure it is offloaded into the relevant department.
* Ensure Tacho is used for every trip.
* Any other duties as requested by your manager.
* Be an effective ambassador for Newrest at all times and whilst wearing uniform off duty.
Skills & Knowledge:
* Must hold a current Class C1 licence.
* Minimum 5 years' driving experience.
* Good team work skills.
* Excellent communication skills, with a customer centred approach to service delivery.
* Operational awareness, understand of HACCP, COSHH, DVLA requirements and any other vehicle requirements as specified by your manager.
* Self-motivation, commitment and enthusiasm and the ability to work calmly under pressure.
* Must be flexible and able and willing to work extra hours and weekends, bank holidays and evenings when required to meet seasonal or customer demands.
* Reasonable for lifting of heavy / bulky objects within the published health & safety guidelines on manual handling.
* Must wear a uniform to specified standards including a visible name badge at all times
* Complete all relevant paperwork within specified standards and time frames.
* Ensure all specified training COSHH, HACCP, DFT DVLA and food safety standards are adhered to at all times.
- 28 days holiday entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Pension Auto-enrolment
- Full training provided
- Free uniform provided
- Overtime Available
- Free on