A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced Quality Engineer to join a highly successful company based in Medway Towns on a permanent basis. You will have proven experience as a Production Engineer or Quality Controller in a manufacturing or engineering environment.
In addition to this you will hold a Minimum BTEC HNC / NVQ level 4 Production Engineering or Quality Control
Reporting to the Operations Director you will be responsible for product manufacturing quality and new product introductions. The role involves co‐ordinating all activities required to direct and control manufacturing quality and your duties will include:
* To produce product manufacturing instructions, works instructions and check lists to improve knowledge transfer in the factory.
* To review product quality requirements for individual clients and projects and ensure those requirements are understood and implemented.
* To participate in the production instructions of newly developed products from R&D
* To ensure product assembly instructions and O&M's are produced.
* To Monitor and progress design changes or other solutions resulting from improvement suggestion sources with the support of Design, R&D and other departments.
* Conduct quality inspections of manufactured items.
* Review new standards and quality procedures to ensure quality compliance.
* Monitoring quality performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports.
Skills and Abilities
* Experience in production of professional engineering documentation
* Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to interpret CAD generated 2D and 3D drawings and cross reference to manufactured items.
* Positive and driven attitude.
* Good people skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within the company
* Excellent planning, organisation and time management skills with the ability to work on own initiative and understand level of responsibility within the team.
Desirable Skills include:
* Experience of sheet metal manufactured products and process, especially stainless steel.
* Previous experience or knowledge of welding processes, preferably TIG.
* Experience of CNC folding and punching machines.
* Proficient in Solidworks, preferably with sheet metal experience.
* Knowledge of ISO 9001 requirements preferably with Internal Auditor Experience
You will be working Monday-Friday, 09.00-17.00.
* Contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Perk Direct
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and a day off for your birthday