A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a long established company located in Medway Towns for a Brake Press Operator to join their friendly team on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role is to operate the brake press machines to bend and form sheet metal as specified by work order, drawing, templates, or layout.
Your main duties will include:
* Pressing using the CNC Brake Presses (Amada) to produce customer's orders on time and to the correct quality standard
* Setting the machine - reading drawings, programming machine, tooling changes etc.
* Housekeeping - ensuring the cleanliness and tidiness of the press area is always maintained to a high standard
* To ensure that all paperwork is completed in line with quality and customer specification
The successful candidate will have passion, be conscientious, organised, accurate and be able to work to deadlines independently.
The hours of work are 7:00am - 3:30pm, Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week. You will be paid upto £14.00 per hour D.O.E and overtime is paid at time and a half.
Alternatively the company will consider someone to work evenings for a 3-6 month period.
* Previous CNC Press Brake experience would be advantageous
* Ability to read, understand and follow engineering drawings
* Knowledge of working with different grades of metal
* Ability to conduct set ups and program sequential folds
* Contributory pension scheme, life assurance, employee assistance program, perks direct benefits hub
* 25 days holiday plus birthday off.
Apply now if this is the role for you.