Premier Work Support are pleased to be recruiting for an exciting opportunity as a Cargo Office Team Leader for one of our Prestigious Aviation Clients based in Hounslow.
Cargo and Aviation experience is highly desirable, with a strong knowledge and understanding of Aviation and CAA regulations. The ideal candidate will come from a Cargo/Ramp handling background within the aviation sector, holding strong communication skills with the ability to lead.
Due to the nature of the role, all candidates will be required to provide a full 5 year check-able history and undertake a DBS check as well as an overseas CRC if resided overseas in the last 5 years due to CAA regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Good working knowledge of airline requirements.
* ABS working knowledge of both Imports & Exports.
* The ability to work on your own initiative, often under pressure.
* Positive attitude to rapidly changing environment.
* Clear understanding of Security procedures
* Ability to delegate tasks maintaining staff motivation.
* Ability to develop staff through coaching / training.
* Ability to solve problems or suggest credible solutions.
* Dangerous Goods certified or capability of undergoing training.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
* Use designated software and appropriate paperwork to correctly process import and export shipments in accordance with company, customs and CAA regulations and to contractually agreed quality levels.
* Represent and portray the company in a professional manner whilst providing communication and information to any external agencies (including, but not restricted to GSAs, Airlines, Freight Agents).
* Understand and execute new working practices deemed necessary by the company, including designated training courses and ensure that team members follow such practices.
* Lead and work efficiently and effectively as part of a team.
* Ensure that the work area is clean and tidy at all times and encourage team members to adopt the same outlook.
* Maintain high levels of Health and Safety standards.
* Achieve the targets and job standards set out by Duty Managers.
* Communicate effectively between the Operation Clerks and Management and provide information relevant to the operation on request.
* Adaptable in your approach to work.
* Perform any reasonable request from the Management.
Shifts: 2 day shifts of 07:00 - 19:00, 2 night shifts of 19:00 - 07:00. Holiday cover may be required.
Salary range: £31,000 - £32,000 per annum.
Please apply with your CV today!