This is a great opportunity to join prestigious school in the Gravesend area as a part-time permanent Driver.
* Driving School vehicles as assigned by the Estates Manager.
* Collecting students from given pick-up points along a designated route and delivering them to the School (mornings); collecting students from the School and dropping them back at the designated drop off points (afternoons).
* School Vehicle is clean, both inside and outside
* Visual inspection of tyres, lights, oil, water and fuel is carried out.
* Required signage outside or inside the vehicle (if any) is securely in place and visible.
* A dedicated mobile for the vehicle is in place and telephone is charged.
* Liaise directly with parents and/or students when necessary.
* Record any notifiable instances on the weekly assignment log; providing sufficient descriptive information to enable any follow up action to proceed with authority.
It is essential you have profession driving experience with a 3.5t vehicle, if you have Cat D and minibus experience this would be great, but not essential. Due to the location you will need your own transport.
This is a term time only position.
The hours of work are not fixed but vary to meet the needs of the students and traffic conditions. The current vacancy will require the driver to leave the school at approximately 06:00 and returning at around 08:15 and then, in the evening, leaving at 16:30 and returning around 18:00. A second run from 18:30 may be required to cover clubs. Extra time is required in the morning to carry out daily checks.
Additional shifts are available during weekdays, evenings and weekends for School trips.