Our client, a leading safety product supplies company has an urgent requirement for a Permanent Purchasing Assistant to join their team.
Reporting to the office manager you will be responsible for:
* Building, maintaining and managing supplier relationships
* Undertaking supplier negotiations
* Placing purchase orders with suppliers and managing them to ensure the goods/services are delivered in timely manner to support the depot needs
* Responsible for day to day management of the various procurement databases
* Planning/preparing forward import orders
* Preparing cost analysis
* Assisting accounts in posting of invoice
* Reviewing and researching opportunities in the market place in increasing sales margins and turnovers
* Placing Purchase Orders with suppliers and managing them to ensure goods/service are delivered in a timely manner to support the depot needs
* Communicating any supply issues to management
To be considered for this role you will need:
* Solid experience within a procurement team
* Ability to work independently
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Good analytic skills
* Excellent planning skills
* Strong IT Skills including word, excel and outlook
* Full UK Driving Licence
Hours will be Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Salary is £27-30K plus Bonus scheme, Private health care including partner and dependants, life insurance and critical illness cover.