Our client, an established family run Construction Company based in the Ilford area, have an exciting new opportunity for a permanent ICT Lead Technical Specialist to become an integral part of their IT Department.
This role is primarily responsible for the operation and administration of the company's IT infrastructure including internal networks, servers, email, Cloud services and network security systems.
You will also be responsible for:
* Providing 3rd line technical support for the company's servers, Email, Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN) and network security systems, including the management of hubs, switches, routers and firewalls.
* Administration and maintenance of company's internal and cloud cased systems.
* Performing routine backups of company's internal and cloud-based systems and archival of files stored on the network to assist with disaster recovery.
* Configuration and set-up of all new server systems required for the company to carry out its activities.
* Administration of firewall and overall responsibility for company IT security.
* Administration of email servers for company-wide email.
* Maintain server operating systems and security software utilised on the network, including the addition of new user accounts and establishment of rights and privileges.
* Install, configure and support Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs) and Internet systems.
* Maintain network and server hardware and software.
* Assist ICT support staff in the resolution of complex issues.
* Arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
* Monitor network and all IT system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
* Plan, co-ordinate, and implement network security measures.
* Provide telephone and desktop support to internal users.
* Forecast any needed improvements in internal systems and network, implementing any changes as authorised by the Associate IT Director.
* Provide cover for other ICT support staff.
* Attend training and develop relevant knowledge and skills.
* Provide any other reasonable duties as and when required.
If you have an excellent telephone manner, experience of using call logging software and a good knowledge of IP addressing and TCP/IP networking apply without delay.
Hours are on a 2 week shift rota of 8.00am to 5.00pm and 9.00am to 6.00pm.
Benefits include Healthcare after a probationary period and a company pension.