Premier Work Support are excited to be recruiting for a Customs Coordinator for our prestigious client based in Birmingham.
Our client is a recognised player in the freight forwarding and transportation industry who also specialises in the supply chain and logistics solutions. With over 70 years of history, our clients has established best practice standards in ground transportation, air and ocean shipments, customs clearance ans supply chain management.
We are looking for a Customs Coordinator to be part of the day logistics team based at the airport office. You will assist in areas of customs, directing and supporting multiple parties to ensure timely clearance of goods.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* To co-ordinate import and export activities for the resident site, conforming to HM Revenue and customs regulations.
* Checking and monitoring of freight/courier invoices for payment ensuring accurate costing, charging to project where applicable in a timely manner.
* Co-ordinate and control dispatching of goods.
* Raising necessary paperwork concerning all movements of dangerous goods.
* Making customs entry amendment requests to HMRC.
You will need to have at least two experience of exports/imports and customs compliance and regulations have knowledge of customs requirements and formalities with particular focus on UK and EU imports, experience in road transport, logistics or haulage, HMRC amendment an reclaim experience, be proficient with Microsoft packages.
This is a full time permanent role working, Monday - Friday 08.30 - 17.30 - One in six Saturdays 08.30 - 17.30
Our client is offering excellent benefits including:
* 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Access to our employee discount and perks, which include Grocery shopping, holidays, movies, sports, wellness and many more.
* After one year's service company contributions will increase 9% for the group personal pension plan.
If you have the required experience and are interested in this role please apply without delay.