Our client based in Basildon is looking for a confident and experienced Logistics Operations Manager with at least 5 years management experience within a sea freight operations, warehouse and logistics environment.
To be considered for this exciting permanent opportunity you will need a full understanding of 3PL, contract logistics and warehousing operations alongside customs knowledge and operational UK/European Transport skills.
The Logistics Operations Manager will be responsible for:-
* Assisting the Branch Manager with the day to day operations.
* Operational staff management, supporting the team with their daily duties and providing staff training
* Developing and enhancing SOW, SLA and SOP's for all clients
* Client liaison and problem solving
* Reviewing KPI's and ensuring service levels are maintained
* Monitoring haulage failure and late deliveries, analysing the root cause and implementing corrective measures to avoid the same issues happening again
* Identify and implement new procedures
* Spot potential sales opportunities and pass to the Branch Manager
* Log and resolve IT issues
* Check and approve supplier invoices
* Assist other branches and departments where needed
* Previous experience in a similar role
* Excellent people skills
* An open approach to change and improvement
* Proactive and Collaborative approach
* Ability to create, develop and enhance SOP, SLA and SOW's
In return for your hard work our client is offering a very competitive salary, 23 days holiday which rises with service, Health Insurance, Pension and on-site parking.
The hours for this role are Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm, flexibility is a must dependent on the demands of the business.
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please send your CV via this website for consideration.