Salary: £10.25 per hour
Hours: 2 Early shifts, 5.30am to 2.00pm
2 Late shifts 2.15pm to 10.45pm
Followed by 2 rest days
Premier Work Support are pleased to announce a fantastic opportunity working in partnership with Newrest - a global leader in multi-sector catering.
We are now looking for a Commis Chef on a temporary basis with potential to earn a permanent contract, subject to the individual.
This role is to confidently learn and create dishes on their menu using company specifications. Constantly working with the guest in mind, and always looking for ways to make the dining experience even more memorable.
In order to comply with strict aviation security regulations, due to the nature of this role we will be undertaking a full five-year reference history and apply for a Basic DBS, Criminal record check before starting this position. Any applicants with non - UK based references will require the appropriate DBS check and translation of documents and any gaps in employment must be accounted for.
* To assist in the preparation and cooking of menu items as directed by the Head / Sous Chef.
* To assist with stock taking when required.
* To carry out the smooth and efficient running of kitchen department as appropriate.
* To be a team player, assisting other team members when necessary.
* To treat members of the team at your location as you would expect to be treated.
* To ensure stock, deliveries and wastage are all checked and recorded in line with company and food standards.
* To adhere to the company's Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and environmental policies.
* To ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company's Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
Skills & Knowledge:
* Minimum 1 years' experience
* Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
* Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
* Familiar with industry's best practices
* Excellent communication skills, with a customer centred approach to service delivery.
* Good team work skills.
* Self-motivation, commitment and enthusiasm and the ability to work calmly under pressure.
* Must be flexible with regards to working extra hours and weekends, bank holidays and evenings when required to meet seasonal or customer demands.
* Work may involve reasonable lifting of heavy / bulky objects within the published health & safety guidelines on manual handling and or food safety requirements.
* Complete all relevant paperwork within specified standards and timeframes.
* Ensure all training food safety standards are adhered to at all times.
* Complete any other duties as requested by management.