Salary: £12.00 per hour
Hours: 2 Early shifts, 5.30am to 2.00pm
2 Late shifts 2.15pm to 10.45pm
Followed by 2 rest days
Premier Work Support are pleased to announce a fantastic opportunity working in partnership with Newrest - a global leader in multi-sector catering.
We are now looking for Chef De Parties on a temporary basis with potential to earn a permanent contract subject to the individual.
This role is to confidently learn and create dishes on their menu using company specifications. Constantly working with the guest in mind, and always looking for ways to make the dining experience even more memorable.
In order to comply with strict aviation security regulations, due to the nature of this role we will be undertaking a full five-year reference history and apply for a Basic DBS, Criminal record check before starting this position. Any applicants with non - UK based references will require the appropriate DBS check and translation of documents and any gaps in employment must be accounted for.
* Work alongside head chef to manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with production preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking.
* Ensure / maintain meal quality and consistency by following designated recipes.
* Provide guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
* Oversee and organise kitchen stock and ingredients.
* Ensure a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verify all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance.
* Keep cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours.
* Train new kitchen employees to unit and kitchen standards.
* Manage food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimise waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns.
* Ensure all food preparation and presentation adhere to customer quality standards.
* Work with head chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities.
* Assist head chef with customer menu creation and presentation.
* Helping the sous chef and head chef to develop new dishes and menus.
* Ensuring the team maintain the required standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety.
Skills & Knowledge:
* Minimum 1 years' experience.
* Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
* Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions.
* Familiar with industry's best practices.
* Excellent communication skills, with a customer centred approach to service delivery.
* Good team work skills.
* Self-motivation, commitment and enthusiasm and the ability to work calmly under pressure.
* Must be flexible with regards to working extra hours and weekends, bank holidays and evenings when required to meet seasonal or customer demands.
* Work may involve reasonable lifting of heavy / bulky objects within the published health & safety guidelines on manual handling and or food safety requirements.
* Complete all relevant paperwork within specified standards and timeframes.
* Ensure all training food safety standards are adhered to at all times.
* Complete any other duties as requested by management.