Premier Work Support have a fantastic opportunity for experienced cleaners working for a well established business who are seeking cleaning operatives on an on-going temporary basis to join their present team in their busy warehouse. There may be opportunities for this to lead to a permanent position subject to performance, time keeping and attendance, together with the business needs of the client.
Main duties include:
- Ensure all equipment is kept clean, well maintained and is a safe working order, i.e. PAT Tested, etc.
- Have full knowledge and understanding of the designated cleaning area, including the agreed work to be carried out and time allocated to the area.
- Maintain the designated area to an agreed level of cleanliness in line with the Contract and relevant contractual standards, carrying out all daily, weekly and periodic tasks as directed by the Cleaning Supervisor.
- Ensure grounds are free from litter and waste storage area is kept clean and organised.
- To comply with the requirements of Health & Safety, other relevant legislation and premises policies.
- Use products carefully and look after equipment.
- To carry out a daily and weekly check of all machinery to make sure that it is in a safe working condition.
- To help monitor the waste produced using the weekly checklist and monitoring procedure.
- To wear protective clothing (PPE) as issued.
- Ensure all relevant safety signs (such as Wet Floor Warning Signs) are used correctly and appropriately at all times.
- Perform miscellaneous cleaning duties as apparent or as instructed by the Cleaning Supervisor.
To be successful in this role, you should have a full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and approved chemicals used within the premises. A basic DBS is required for this role.
The hours of work can vary between day and night shifts. Day shifts start at 7:30am to 6:30pm, night shifts start at 7:30pm to 6:30am. Shift patterns are 4 on, 4 off with overtime available.