Our client based in Basildon is looking for an experienced Air & Ocean Freight Operations Clerk to join their team on a permanent basis. Experience in a similar shipping role and letter of credit and consular documentation is essential.
You will be assisting the Line Manager and Directors in the development of the department and the company as a whole. Helping to maximise the profits for both Air and Sea Freight departments whilst ensuring customer needs and expectations are met and exceeded in a timely and cost effective manner. Along with:
* Quoting for and supervising of all relevant bookings
* Creating jobs in the company Freight Management System
* Invoicing for the department in a timely manner
* Liaising with the accounts department with regards to any sales or cost queries
* Assisting the Line Manager and Directors in identifying and developing of new accounts/business lanes
* Assisting in managing key Air and Sea Freight customer accounts and being involved periodically by meeting with the clients.
* Extensive general knowledge of all aspects of shipping including specific knowledge of dealing with Letters of Credits and Consular documentation.
* Highly organised with strong communication and people skills
* A flexible approach to working hours is essential due to the nature and needs of the Business.
In return for all your hard work our client is offering a competitive salary, free car parking, pension and 20 days holiday.
The working hours for this role will be 9.00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
If you have the relevant skills and experience we are looking for please apply with your CV attached via this advert.