Premier Work Support are proud to be recruiting a Kitchen Porter for a prestigious educational establishment based in Crawley.
We are looking for a proactive candidate who would like to join our prestigious clients' catering department. You will be assisting in the day to day running and cleaning of the department, food standards and service. Via the completion of equipment maintenance, kitchen hygiene and food preparation.
This will be shift work equating to 40 hours a week.
Please note come September there will be a salary increase.
Some of the duties and key responsibilities are:
* To ensure that all equipment, crockery and working areas used in food storage, preparation, production and service from the Kitchen area are kept clean and tidy.
* Comply with food hygiene standards and departmental code of practice in the preparation of food.
* To report all accidents as they occur and to report any defective equipment or environmental Hazard immediately.
* To be responsible for and able to evidence own personal development by undertaking relevant training, attending meetings, conferences and events ensuring that you are updated in all matters relevant to the role as agreed.
* Food hygiene certificate.
* First Aid certificate.
* Knowledge of health and safey aspects of cleaning duties and food preparation.
* Ability to work in a team under minimal supervision.
* Self-motivated, with the ability to be flexible and adapt to the changing needs and demands of the organisation.
* Ability to read and understand instructions on cleaning products.
Due to the location of the role, own transport is essential.
Please note due to the nature of the role you will be required to have a full 5 year check-able employment/education history, no unspent criminal convictions and valid photo ID. You will also be subject to a criminal record check.
If this is the role for you please apply now!