Our client a rapidly growing organisation in Basildon it looking for an experienced HR Officer to join their existing HR team on a permanent basis. The ideal candidate for this role will be ideally be CIPD Level 5 qualified with a very good understanding of HR processes.
Duties for the HR Officer role:-
* Assisting the Head of Human Resources providing support of the organisations vision to become more streamlined and competitive.
* Understand and execute the department's vision of good business development in order to reduce costs and become more profitable.
* Maintain the HR database system.
* Proactively manage the recruitment and hiring process (preparing and evaluating job descriptions, posting vacancy ads, and managing the hiring process) using HR ATS platform.
* Create and implement effective on-boarding and induction plans which improve the employee experience whilst developing training and development plans.
* Assist in the building, implementation and maintenance of the performance appraisal program that allows senior management to coherently evaluate performances across the Company.
* Assist with the assessing, building and maintenance of the succession planning program.
* Maintain all new starter and leaver checklists.
* Complete offer letters for new starters and prepare contracts of employment, gain references and apply for and analyse criminal records checks (DBS) for new employees.
* Request and maintain all new IT accounts for new employees and ensuring old accounts are closed.
* Inform Managers of their staff Bradford Factor Scores collating feedback as required and feeding the feedback to line management.
* Produce management reports from the HR system ready for Manager's meetings.
* Assist with special projects in HR.
* Assist with managing disciplinary and grievance management (claims, conflict resolution, both from a social and legal perspective).
Skills and Qualifications required for the HR Officer role:-
* Experience as a HR Generalist or HR Officer with ability to demonstrate an understanding of HR processes and employment laws.
* CIPD Level 5 Qualified (or at least studying towards CIPD Level 5).
* The ability to work to tight deadlines whilst prioritising and organising your own workload with attention to detail.
* Conversant in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel).
* Great interpersonal and communication skills.
* Personal resilience and the capacity to work effectively and stay calm under pressure.
* Demonstrate customer care skills and good team working skills.
* Ability to deal with confidential information and maintain confidentiality and discretion.
* Understanding of various HR software systems.
Our client offers a competitive salary and a very good and impressive range of company benefits.
The working hours for this role are 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
If you have the relevant skills and experience required for this role, please apply with your CV attached to your application via this website.