An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Logistics Coordinator to join a growing client based in Purfleet on a permanent basis. With customers across the UK, you will be working towards the smooth importing of food from all over the world, ensuring excellent service levels are provided on every shipment.
Your duties in this role will include:
* Speaking to and following up with the clearing agents
* Organising shipments of products
* Obtaining rates and costings to ensure maximum profitability
* Negotiating with suppliers and carriers
* Requesting container time-slots
* Requesting PIN's
* Vehicle booking and organising drivers
* Communicating with the Warehouse to assist with any queries
* Resolving issues during the shipping period
* Communicating any delays to the relevant areas
* Overseeing H&S within the building and raising any concerns
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working within the freight & logistics industry, as well as have excellent organisational and communication skills.
This is a full-time role with the standard working hours of Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm, however flexibility with overtime is required to meet business needs.
If you feel you have the required experience for this role, apply today!