Our client a growing organisation based in Basildon are looking for an experienced Expert Freight Forwarder to join their team on a permanent basis. The ideal candidate will preferably have experience in air, sea and road export, however experienced importers will also be considered.
Duties for the Export Freight Forwarder role includes:-
* Completion of end to end forwarding activities as the individual role requires
* Follow strict and time sensitive SOPs/KPIs to ensure compliance
* Work closely with internal and external customers and focus on customer service
* Ensure invoicing, job costing, CIA, Netting and milestone are updated within the required time-frame
* Month end department compliance
* Customs Entries
* Cost control
* Assist the senior forwarders, Supervisor and line manager where required
* Ensure all reports including internal and customer specific are completed within the deadline
* Resolve queries from customers and suppliers and keep in touch to maintain and build relationships
* Work closely with the Operations manager for Internal and external rates reviews
* Take part in customer reviews when required to build up visibility and relationships with customers
* Assist sales and management with customer development
Experience required for the Export Freight Forwarder role:-
* Good knowledge of international transport and logistics air, sea and road export operations
* Strong IT skills
* Excellent communication, customer service and problem solving skills
* Results driven team player with a flexible approach to work
In return for your hard work and experience, our client is offering a competitive salary, on-site car parking, 20 days holiday which rises with service, Life Insurance and Pension.
The working hours for this role are 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
If you have the relevant skills and experience we are looking for, please apply with your CV attached via this website.