Our client a growing organisation in Basildon are looking for a HR Administrator to join their HR team on a permanent basis. The ideal candidate will have some HR Admin experience and be studying or have completed their level 3 CIPD. This role will be challenging, rewarding and will provide the opportunity to grow in your HR career.
Duties for the HR Administrator role:-
* Carry out all the administrative processes in the recruitment process, e.g. prepare recruitment documents, draft and place adverts, log application forms, administer recruitment campaigns, sit on interview panels and/or administer tests.
* Maintain HR databases and absence management platforms and produce management reports from HR databases and absence management system.
* On-board all new starters (Offer letters, contracts of employment, job descriptions, DBS, right to work checks, references and inductions). Analyse criminal records checks (DBS) for new employee screening.
* Ensure that the HR service undertakes all necessary employment checks including DBS checks and right to work, qualification and medical checks and references.
* Support conducting induction meetings with new employees and workers.
* Update employee policies & procedures and maintain company job descriptions. Prepare and amend HR documents where necessary.
* Assisting and guiding managers with HR related matters whilst maintaining employee relations whilst being the first point of contact for employees on any HR related queries.
* Communicating with external partners where required with guidance of Head of HR.
* Ensure resignations are acknowledged in a timely manner, the Line Manager is aware of the process and any outstanding annual leave is calculated in accordance with the employee's terms and conditions.
* Ensure exit interviews are conducted for staff either face to face or electronically.
* Administer and promote employee staff benefits schemes when required.
* Reporting regularly on HR metrics as required.
* Assisting with payroll by providing the department with relevant employee information, i.e. new starters, leavers, holiday and sick days taken.
* Assist with special HR projects.
Skills and qualifications required for the HR Administrator role:-
* Preferable CIPD L3 Qualified (or studying towards CIPD L3) and good understanding of employment law
* Strong team player with experience in a HR support role and the ability to demonstrate an understanding of the HR processes
* Highly organised and able to prioritise own work load with attention to detail
* Great interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer care skills
* Personal resilience and the capacity to work effectively and stay calm under pressure whilst working to deadlines
* Ability to deal with confidential information and maintain confidentiality and discretion is essential
* Conversant in IT skills e.g., Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) & HR Software
In return for your hard work our client offers a competitive salary along with an outstanding benefits package and great opportunities to progress your career.
This is an office based role working 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.