Our client based in Basildon is looking to employ an Accountant to take control of the accounts for the company. This is a full time permanent position that requires someone with experience of monthly management accounts, VAT returns and good knowledge of Sage.
The Accountant will be responsible for:-
* Producing monthly management accounts
* Registering sales invoices / sales ledger and following up with payment chasing if needed
* Registering purchase invoices / purchase ledger and making payments once authorised
* Bank reconciliations - checking incoming payments and set up outgoing payments
* Cash book
* Payroll Administration - sending data concerning staff salaries and overtime to the external certified company who finalise the payroll
* Quarterly VAT Returns
* Assist the Branch manager when required with the upkeep of records and H&S Administration
* The year-end accounts and payroll will be processed externally by a certified Accountant.
You will need:-
* Previous experienced in a similar role
* Good knowledge of Sage and Excel
* To be hard working and reliable with a stable work history
In return for your hard work our client is offering a competitive salary and 25 days holiday.
The working hours are 8.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
If you are looking for a new challenge and have the relevant skills and experience as detailed above, then we would like to hear from you. Please apply with your CV attached to your application via this website.