Premier Work Support have fantastic opportunities for a Sous Chef starting immediately working at a busy hospital in South West London.
Working as a sous chef you will be:
* Preparing food to specifications before and during operations.
* Properly measure and portion all food items. Comply with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
* Utilises kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
* Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
* Keep workstation and equipment clean, organised, sanitised, and sufficiently stocked.
* Follow and uphold all health codes and sanitation regulations.
* Use waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet.
* Making fresh food following the menu.
* Handling hot and cold food.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that you complete your tasks within the set time periods, report any issues, maintain all equipment used in a clean, tidy and safe condition and perform any other duties as required to help meet the needs of the service.
Shifts will be on a 2 week rotation (Monday - Friday) of lates and earlies.
Early Shift: 07:00 - 15:00
Late Shift: 11:00 - 19:00
A previous background in a similar role is preferred but full training will be provided.
Basic Food Hygiene Level 2 is required.
You will be subject to security clearance and you will need to apply for a standard DBS check as part of this role, if you do not currently have one.
These are starting as temporary roles, however may lead to permanent opportunities for the right candidates.
If this is the role for you, please apply online now!