We are currently seeking a Sewing Machine Mechanic on behalf of a large manufacturing company based in the Medway Towns.
As a Sewing Machine Engineer, you will be working within a busy manufacturing environment as part of a team of specialist engineers, providing engineering support to the Production Department to minimise downtime.
As a valued member of the team responsibilities will include:
* Timely repair of defective plant and equipment
* Actively progressing the routine and preventative maintenance program
* Installation of plant and equipment
* Assisting other engineers as required
* Carry out such other duties as necessary to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Engineering Team.
The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications or experience:
* Proven training and experience of working as a sewing machine engineer
* Experience of working on industrial/commercial sewing machines
You must be well versed in sewing functions such as Lockstitch, Chainstitch, Overlock/Hemming, Zigzag with knowledge of pneumatic and electronic controls and components.
Proven experience of working in an engineering role in a manufacturing environment would be desirable
This is a permanent role starting as soon as possible. Working hours will be based around 39 hours per week working Monday to Friday, however you will be expected to work a reasonable amount of overtime to support production when necessary.
Please apply today with a CV or call us for an informal discussion.