We are currently seeking a Quality Manager on behalf of a well established large manufacturing company based in the Medway Towns.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company who are currently expanding and investing in their future.
Main Duties will include:-
* Managing the quality control team to ensure all quality processes are followed, including daily departmental quality checks, internal daily reject analyses, weekly right first-time reporting, and monthly customer service reports.
* Monthly meetings with the production and sales teams to understand quality issues and solutions.
* Working together with production management team to discuss solutions to quality issues.
* Making sure that quality reporting procedures are followed.
* Satisfying customer expectations of product quality and reviewing customer requirements to make sure they are met.
* Ensure all products are compliant with current legislation including General Product Safety and fire retardant regulations.
* Investigating causes of quality problems and proposing solutions.
* Working with the Health and Safety Manager to look at ways of reducing waste and therefore increasing efficiency.
* Reviewing existing policies and making suggestions for changes and improvements including implementation.
* Being involved from product design and development through to delivery to the customer
* Working with the purchasing department to continue to develop quality requirements from suppliers
* Weekly meetings with the customer service team to understand complaints and issues customers are having.
* Any other duties necessary to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the team.
The role will involve regular contact with customers as well as colleagues in different areas of the business, therefore confidence on the telephone and excellent communication skills are essential.
You must have proven experience of working in a quality control capacity, proficiency in the use of IT packages including e-mail, MS Word, Excel is also essential.
This is a permanent full time role, 39 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Please apply with a CV or call for an informal discussion Tel: 01634 815151.